Happy stress free coding

Feb 13, 2010

MKLink

A year ago I bought a solid state drive and that was a brilliant move! My stress factor went from 10000 to 5 so it was worth every penny.

The only problem is that my 80GB SSD is full…

Trying to find out where my drive space went I quickly found that bloated user profile in c:\users\user.domain

So I decided to move that to a slower standard drive d: . I did with mklink

mklink /d c:\users\someuser.somedomain D:\users\someuser.somedomain

To actually move the files I had to do this:

1. Start computer in safe mode (tap f8 while booting)

2. Log on with another, non domain, account with full admin rights

3. move the files (including hidden sys files etc)

4. mklink /d c:\users\someuser.somedomain D:\users\someuser.somedomain

5. done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home